TRANSITIONS PHOTOCHROMIC TECHNOLOGY
• Although driving is an integral part of our daily lives, it is one of the most challenging and difficult activities a person can engage in – and we need all the visual help we can get.
• Drivewear lenses offer the consumer far more than just polarized photochromic eyewear – they are the beginning of a whole new lens category.
• Nearly everyone of driving age that walks into an optical shop is an ideal candidate and can benefit from the improved vision delivered by Drivewear lenses.
How was Drivewear developed?
• Multiple patents have been filed on this invention.
• Drivewear® Transitions® SOLFX™ lenses feature unique photochromic dyes which respond to visible light in addition to UV light.
- This allows Drivewear lenses to change color based on current driving conditions in order to enhance the driver’s vision.
- Wearers will have the security of knowing that Drivewear® Transitions® SOLFX™ lenses block 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
- In low light, the lenses are a green/yellow color which provides high contrast.
- Color is designed to minimize glare and maximize useful light information.
- In daylight (behind the windshield of a car) they change to a copper color, which reduces glare and excess visual light.
- Provides good traffic signal recognition, highlighting reds and greens.
- In outdoor light, they become a dark reddish-brown color, providing maximum comfort in high light conditions by filtering excess light.